About

History

About ten years after the war between the states, several families from the north moved to Chester Station, Virginia, to hunt buried treasure. A true treasure of religious heritage emerged. Seventeen charter members were present for the organization of Chester Presbyterian Church on June 16, 1878. The members met in the hall of Chester Hotel until the first church building was finished in 1880.